The primary objective of this internship is to have the successful candidate develop a “Media Map” of 10 select Southern African countries’ conventional and social media landscapes including key donor markets that are yet to be determined. Moreover, the IFRC Communications and Partnerships Research Intern will be supporting the Partnership and Mobilization team by mapping the IFRC’s Partnership and Mobilization group by mapping the organization’s income generating opportunities.
The functions of the Media Map the intern will be creating are as follows:
- Monitor and record the conventional and social media landscape of the region and specific international markets
- Keep track of social media trends in Southern Africa including important international markets
- List the top 10 leading and most influential traditional and social media platforms in key international and regional markets
- Document income generation trends of various humanitarian organizations
- Research prospective local and international funding opportunities
- Research events in Southern Africa that can help raise the IFRC profile
- Perform admin support tasks within the Communications and Partnerships team
What are the requirements?
To be considered eligible to apply for the internship, candidates must meet the minimum requirements below:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Humanities or in the final year of qualification
- Students of Media Studies, Social Sciences or Business Sciences will be given preference
- Must have effective research skills
- Capable of researching, analyzing and compiling large amounts of data
- Knows how to work with online analytics
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Knows the range of scope of conventional media
- Knows how to use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube
- Proficient in spoken and written English
How to apply?
To apply for the IFRC Communications and Partnerships Research Internship CLICK HERE
The deadline for submission of applications is set on 26 February 2020.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.