To provide an opportunity for the development of a graduate who meets the minimum requirements stated below. The successful candidate will be required to achieve all programme objectives, including CIMA certification, to qualify for appointment as an Area Accountant, within 2 years. Upon completion of the internship programme, the intern will be required to work with others in the organisation and use appropriate data and technology to translate medium-term decisions into short-term actionable plans.
Candidates will need to accept the relevant training agreement and commit to the two-year training programme. A bonding agreement is applicable. Should an intern not complete the programme in the set time-frame, fail to meet the minimum assessment requirements, or leave the company during the bonding period, he/ she will be indebted to the company for the amount spent on his/ her training.
The bonding period commences on the date that the intern is appointed in a substantive position.
JOB DESCRIPTION of an appointed AREA ACCOUNTANT (C4):
This position requires an energetic and dynamic individual to support all stakeholders in the provision of a high quality and professional cost management service, and to provide advice and guidance on a wide range of costing/financial issues. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing to the costing/financial objectives of sections allocated to them, through optimising and maintaining costing/financial systems. This includes timely and accurate management information, continual improved service to line managers, and execution of the various processing activities in the business unit, ensuring compliance with sound accounting and costing/financial practices.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for admission to the INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
- Grade 12
- BCom Degree (Management Accounting), or equivalent Management Accounting qualification
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite
OTHER SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES:
- Working knowledge & application of generally accepted accounting practices
- Excellent telephonic, verbal and written communication skills in English across all levels within the organisation (official business language is English)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines to produce work of a high standard, organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Analysis and interpretation of information and strong numeracy skills
- Assertiveness, conflict handling and problem-solving skills
- High level of multi-skilling, flexibility and ability to work as part of a team, respect for confidentiality of information and files
- Independent, self-motivated, proactive thinking, results driven, professional and the ability to do own job planning
How to apply?
Please complete an application form (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD) and forward, together with your résumé, qualifications and ID, to: E2firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 February 2020.
Please note, applications must be sent to the correct e-mail as indicated. Incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered.
Cullinan Diamond Mine is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan and internal candidates. Pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host labour sending area.
If you are already employed by the Company, please submit an authorised Internal Application Form, CV, qualifications and ID when applying.