Sappi is inviting applications for its 2020 Film Maker Internship available at its Saiccor Mill, in Umkomaas, south of Durban from unemployed young South Africans with relevant qualifications.
- Assist in script development by sourcing content from subject matter experts, as well as scheduling and coordinating video shoots
- Determine what camera equipment is necessary for the shoot
- Identify what content would be suited for 360 degree video and virtual reality
- Setup and operate various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location production
- Perform video shoots as well as technical considerations of video shoots, includes lighting, camera operation, sound recording and directing the staff when needed
- Capture video footage, trim as required, label appropriately and organise in folder system
- Design and develop motion graphics and still graphics for all videos
- Create visual effects enhancement
- Gather music and sound effects for the use in the videos
- Render all video and audio for all delivery methods
- Troubleshoot in all areas of production if necessary
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- A good understanding of media and interactive technologies
- Must be detailed orientated and flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- A Degree or Diploma in video production, multimedia development, animation or similar
- Experience working with video editing software will be beneficial
- Knowledge of Wondershare Filmora
How to apply?
To apply for the Sappi 2020 Film Maker Internship CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 12 February 2020.