The primary thrust of the programme is to provide much needed assistance to historically disadvantaged young black women looking to pursue a tertiary education in a South African university. This specifically means that the programme only supports candidates who would not be able send themselves to school further without the help of the Trust. As bursars of the SEDISA bursary programme, beneficiaries will receive financial assistance that will cover the following:
- tuition and registration expenses
- book expenses
- boarding accommodation
The SEDISA BWE Trust Bursary Programme does not guarantee employment after completion of the bursars’ studies.
What are the requirements?
In order to qualify for the SEDISA bursary programme, applicants must have the following minimum requirements:
- Previously disadvantaged black South African woman (as defined by the BBBEE codes)
- Good academic standing
- Economically disadvantaged
Moreover, SEDISA will review applications from students who are taking up degrees in the following areas of discipline:
- Surveying, Civil, Quantity, Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
How to Apply?
For those who are interested and qualified to join the programme, the following documents are required for submission:
- A certified true copy of ID
- A motivational letter showing how the bursary would make a difference in your life
- Fee statement
- Proof of registration or acceptance at a tertiary level education
- List of school-related expenses
- A certified true copy of academic record or matric certificate
- A complete and up-to-date CV
All required documents are to be uploaded to SEDISA’s bursary application page. Click the link below to get started:
Opening and Closing Dates
The SEDISA BWE Trust Bursary Programme for the 2020 academic year is accepting applications until 15 February 2020.