SAAB, or the South African Association of Botanists is established to advance the fields of Botany, Plant Science and other relevant industries. The Association seeks to achieve this by upholding and promoting the status of these disciplines through as may channels as possible. One of such initiatives is its annual SAAB Scholarship Programme 2020.
What is the SAAB Scholarship Programme 2020?
The South African Association of Botanists Scholarship Programme 2020 is given to SADEC students who have graduated with at least a 70% grade average. This year, the programme will select three (3) scholars who will receive R10 000 for a year of botanically-related studies, Honours and fourth year of studies. Applicants must be registered in a South African university as well as SAAB members.
In addition, the Association offers an MSc scholarship amounting to R40 000 annually where half of the scholarship amount is released in the first year of scholarship and the other half on the second year. Terms and conditions apply.
Requirements or Eligibility
Make sure to review the minimum qualifications of the SAAB Scholarship Programme 2020
- Must be an SADEC graduate
- Attained a grade average of 70% or higher
- Must pursue Botany studies or any related courses in a South African university
How to Apply
Your application must include the following documents:
- Your updated CV with names of two referees.
- Letter of motivation with a synopsis of proposed research interests
- Submit certified academic transcripts.
- Provide a one page motivation, including a description of your proposed research interests.
- Disclose name(s) of other bursaries/scholarships applied for and amount(s).
- Statement of past scholarships/bursaries applied for (if any), including amount
- Fill out the SAAB Bursary Cover Form attached to this document and send it with your application. Please take note that applications submitted without the SAAB Bursary Cover Form will not be accepted. (Please Click here for Bursary cover form)
All application documents must be submitted in PDF format via email to the SAAB Council Secretary at SAABsecretary@gmail.com
Opening and Closing Dates
Applications will be received until 27 February 2020.
Late applications will not be accepted. Successful applicants will receive notification by the middle of March of this year.