The IEC office in Polokwane, Limpopo is inviting applications for its Internship: Outreach (Reference Number: LIM-02) position from suitably qualified graduates (see below). The Intern: Outreach will contribute towards the efficient co-ordination of the communications plans and stakeholder management processes of the organization. The Intern will report to the Deputy Manager’s Outreach.
Key performance areas: Assist staff with co-coordinating communication plans, that is, both internal and external; maintaining liaison with all major communications stakeholders including the print and electronic media, managing the publicity plans of the province, promoting the internal publication tools that are operating in the province, monitoring progress in the communications area, liaising with all stakeholders relevant for elections, developing partnerships with stakeholders in order to achieve electoral goals, preparing reports and disseminates information, coordinating Continuous Democracy Education programs, capturing and approving of events on the Outreach Management Systems.
General Administrative support services: Record minutes, write reports, handle routine enquiries, make photocopies, send and receive facsimiles, distribute documents/packages to various stakeholders as required. Keep and maintain the filing system for the office, Keep and maintain incoming and outgoing correspondence of the component and coordinate meetings. Assist with selected duties so as to obtain exposure to Corporate Services and Electoral Operations, etc.
Basic requirements: Applicants must be in possession of Matric / N3 certificate and a tertiary qualification (Degree or Diploma) in Communications / Humanities (a post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage).
The candidate must possess good communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. He/ she must be computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel and possess the following attributes: ability to work under pressure; be prepared to work long hours; pro-active; decisive; confident and be service driven.
Applications must be accompanied by a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae as well as certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents. Failure to attach the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. PERSONS MUST NOT HAVE BEEN AN INTERN OR WORKED BEFORE. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NB! Applicants must be 35 years of age or below and must not have been an intern or worked before to qualify for this programme.
The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates and interviews will be conducted on a date and time specified by the Interview panel.
Suitably qualified candidates must forward applications to:
Ms A Nkadimengat the IEC provincial office in Polokwane, or Fax: (015) 283 9177 or email: HRLIM@elections.org.za
Closing date for all applications: 06 July 2020. Please take note that no applications received after the advertised closing date will be considered. “Applicants who have not been contacted by 31 July 2020 must consider their applications as not being successful.”
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter that clearly indicates the relevant reference number of the post and your employee number (permanent employees) as it appears on your salary advice;
- a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae; and
- certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents.
- Failure to attach the relevant reference number and to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- All appointments are subject to a probation period of twelve months.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.