Have you completed your Bachelor’s Honours in Psychology and are you successfully completing the coursework part of your Masters in Clinical Psychology or have you already completed it? Then you would be pleased to know that the Western Cape Department of Health is inviting applications for their 2021 Psychology Internship.
What are the requirements?
- Must have completed Honours degree in Psychology;
- Successful completion of the theoretical part of the Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology by end of 2020;
- Be fluent in at least two of the Western Cape official languages (i.e. IsiXhosa, Afrikaans and English);
- Current registration with the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Clinical Psychology Student.
All applicants are to submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae; 3 referee reports and Interim Supervisors report; Identity Document, Matric certificate, Academic transcripts and HPCSA registration certificate as Psychology Student. All applicants should indicate 5 institutions of preference, but may be placed at other institutions, depending on the availability of posts. If the applicant does not select 5 institutions their application will not be considered. All short listed candidates will be expected to submit a reflective task prior to the interview. It will be expected of successful candidates to provide your year-end final supervisor’s report if you are selected to the Intern program.
Your duties will include:
In- and outpatient clinical assessment and psychological treatment of adults and children. Ward work will comprise of a range of psychiatric diagnoses, as well as medical wards, intellectual disability and forensic services. Conducting psychometric assessments including personality and comprehensive neuro-psychological evaluations. General and clinical administrative tasks. Participation in the academic training program of the departments of Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry of the University Stellenbosch or the University Of Cape Town Faculty Of Health Sciences.
How to apply?
To apply for the 2021 Western Cape Department of Health Psychology Internship CLICK HERE
Closing date: 19 June 2020
Should you have questions relating to this advert, please call Ms Bianca Beukes (+27 21 8158749)
Note: Candidates may be subjected to a competency test. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. As directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records and previous employment.
- It will be expected of candidates to be conversant in at least two of the official languages (English/Afrikaans/Xhosa) of the Western Cape.
- It will be expected of shortlisted candidates to be:
- available at the venue on the time and date as determined by the Department and
- bring along recently (not older than 6 months) certified copies of your Identity Document (ID), driver’s license (if applicable for the post), qualification and/or proof of registration at relevant statutory body. Failure to adhere to the aforementioned may lead to his/her application being disqualified and not further considered.