The regulator of the pharmacy profession in South Africa, the South African Pharmacy Council, is inviting applications from suitably qualified graduates in the fields of Media Studies, Journalism, Applied Linguistics/English, and Communication Studies for its 2021 Communication and Media Graduate Internship Programme available from 1 February 2021 within its Communication and Stakeholder Relations Department.
Successful applicants will be appointed on a 12-month non-renewable internship contract. A monthly stipend of R7,000.00 will be paid to successful applicants.
In order to be considered for this internship programme, applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a South African citizen;
- Must have completed your three-year or higher tertiary qualification;
- Be classified as a youth in terms of the National Youth Policy (18-35 years);
- Must have never participated in an internship of 12 months or longer;
- Have above-average written communication skills; and
- Strong English grammar would serve as an added advantage.
|Internship Field||Qualification||Reference||No. of Interns required||Application Link|
|Content Development||A three-year National Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Journalism or Applied Journalism.Competence in the Adobe Creative Suite would serve as an added advantage.||CD/CMGIP||1||http://bit.ly/CMGIPContentDev|
|Language Support||A bachelor’s degree or higher in Applied Linguistics, English Language Studies, English Literature or similar||LS/CMGIP||1||http://bit.ly/CMGIPLang|
|Communication Support||A bachelor’s degree or higher in Media Studies, Corporate Communication or Communication Studies.||CS/CMGIP||1||http://bit.ly/CMGIPComm|
How to apply?
To apply for the SAPC Communication and Media Graduate Internship Programme use the application link corresponding to your chosen area of internship in the above table. Please have a 500-word essay on the topic relevant to your chosen field of internship handy (see below).
Copies of the following documents will only be required from shortlisted candidates later in the selection process.
- Detailed CV;
- Certified copies of:
- South African Identity Document;
- Educational qualifications;
- All relevant Transcripts of Academic Record (indicating subjects and marks/grades achieved).
500-word Essay Topics
- Content Development – We are not fully in the fourth industrial revolution
- Language Support – Shakespeare is not dead
- Communication Support – The importance of reputation management in the fourth industrial revolution
NOTE: This programme is aimed at providing work experience to graduates. No permanent appointment will be provided on conclusion of internship programme.
All enquiries relating to this internship programme should be directed to Ms Boledi Talane via email at Boledi.Talane@sapc.za.org (DO NOT send your applications to this email address).
In line with the Council’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, suitable candidates from the designated groups and disabled people are encouraged to apply. The SAPC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.
Closing date: Friday, 22 January 2021
View this advert on the SAPC website by clicking here