Applications are hereby invited from graduates who completed their Bachelor Degree/ National Diploma (NQF6/NQF7) at Public Higher Education Institution (HEI) in South Africa and wish to be placed SANParks for a period of one (1) year with a monthly stipend of R5, 000.00. The internships are available at Table Mountain, West Coast National Park, SANParks Belville Office. SANParks is under no obligation to employ the Intern upon completion of the programme.
What are the requirements?
To qualify for the Internship Placement Programme, you must:
- Be an unemployed graduate age 18 – 35
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Have completed a Bachelor Degree/National Diploma (NQF 6/ NQF 7) under the below-mentioned discipline/ fields of study from a South African Public Higher Education Institution (HEI)
- Must not have previously been employed nor participated in an Internship/placement programme.
|Qualification||Department||Number required||Park/Work Station|
|Diploma / B Degree in Supply Chain Management/Financial Management/Public Management||Finance||1||Table Mountain National Park – No Park Accommodation|
|Diploma/ /B Degree in Tourism / Hospitality||Tourism||1||West Coast National Park – Park Accommodation Available|
|Diploma/ /B Degree in Quantity Surveying||Technical||1||Belville Office – No Park Accommodation|
How to apply?
- Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must attach a recent copy of their CV, certified copies of Matric/Grade 12 certificate, Academic qualifications with academic transcripts (academic record) and ID.
- All applications should clearly indicate the Park/Work Station the applicant wishes to be placed at, the relevant Division and Field of study.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the Internship outside their area of residence must be willing to find their own accommodation and transportation considering that they will be earning a stipend. SANParks reserves the right to offer Intern accommodation in the National Park as per the availability.
- Failure to submit the requested documents/ information will result in your application not being considered.
- Applicants will be expected to be available for assessment and selection interviews at a time, date and place as determined by SANParks.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- All appointments for internships are subject to verification and a pre-screening process.
- SANParks reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Manual applications will not be accepted.
- Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
Closing date: 26 March 2021
For any enquiries, please contact Brenda Mbem on Tel: 021 712 0527 during normal office hours.
Applications not responded to within 14 days of the closing date must be considered unsuccessful.