Here is another opportunity aimed at empowering South African’s with disabilities. Discovery Health invites people with disabilities to apply for this graduate programme/ learnership:
Reference Code TM/D225/110112/01
Job Title: GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Type of employment: Learnership
No of positions available: 15
Response Deadline: 15/3/2012
Key Purpose: Discovery is offering the opportunity of a lifetime to 15 of South Africa’s brightest young people living a disability.
This opportunity is open for South Africans living with a DISABILITY ONLY.
Key Outputs: The skills programme consists of structured unit standard based learning combined with practical/workplace experience which totals to 300 learning hours.
The successful learners will:
• gain access to the insurance industry with a better employment profile.
• The ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients
• Demonstrate resilience & drive. This will show in the individuals desire to pursue goals despite obstacles
• The ability to relate well to diverse people
• Detail orientation
• Desire and potential to learn
• Self motivated
• Basic computer skills
Qualifications & Experience: There are certain criteria that need to be met before you will be considered for this vacancy:
– Be a South African Citizen and be in possession of a valid SA ID book;
– provide Medical proof of disability
– Hold a valid & recognised Diploma and Degree( completed qualification in the last 6 months);
– Not be engaged in formal employment;
– Be between the ages of 20 and 30 years;
– Express a keen interest in administration and customer service;
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates in line with Discovery’s policies.
To apply visit: http://www.discoverycareers.co.za/ and click on External Vacancies then Learnerships