The Office of the Premier of KwaZulu-Natal Province is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal and interested in pursuing a tertiary qualification in all fields of study. They must be already admitted/ registered at any institution in the Province, but not private institutions. Students must be from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and from vulnerable groups e.g. child headed households, orphaned, disabled, grandparents headed households and must be earning R60 000 per annum or below for single parent/guardian or R120 000.00 per annum for both parents combined.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
• Application letter clearly indicating a proposed field of study and motivate as to why you should be offered
financial assistance with contact details i.e. cell phone number
• Certified copies of Identity Document (ID) – including your parents ID and or your Guardian
• Certified copy of your Matric Certificate and other qualifications (where applicable)
• Proof of income of your parents/guardian
• Certified copy of death certificate, if parents are deceased
• Proof of registration/acceptance letter from the institution of your choice or CAO
• Academic record from the tertiary institution
• Signed copy of an affidavit by both parents if they are unemployed
• Affidavit indicating that the applicant is unemployed.
It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with tertiary institutions and accommodation
within University residences. Successful applicants will enter into a contract with the number of years
equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full time study only and covers
tuition fees, accommodation, meals where necessary, and prescribed textbooks.
All applications must be forwarded to:
Mrs Zodumo Mbuli – Senior Manager: Training and Development, Office of the Premier, KZN Provincial Public Service Training Academy, Private Bag X9037, Pietermaritzburg 3200
or hand delivered to: Office of the Premier, Transversal Bursaries,
15th Floor, 330 Langalibalele Street, Natalia Building, Pietermaritzburg, 3200.
Enquiries: Mr. S Sibisi, tel: (033) 395 2263 / (033) 395 2978.