Ericsson seeks a graduate to join us as a Sales – Account Manager Intern at our office in Johannesburg. This twelve month internship programme commences in January 2013.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Building and maintaining relations with within the customer and in accordance with the Account relationship plan
• Develop understanding of the customer’s business and needs
• Contribute in sales process management from opportunity creation to final accept and payment
• Provide customer requirement and competitor’s activities input to KAM and Business Units
• Prepare tenders in line with the marketing and sales strategies and internal directives
• Coordination of strategies, solutions, prices and other business terms with KAM/Account Manager
• Know the competition
• Represent Ericsson externally in a positive way, enabling future business growth
• Meet Ericsson business objectives, in terms of revenue and profit objectives
• Provide input into the Key Account Growth Plan and responsible for maintaining/updating the plan
• Support in identifying new business opportunities and maintaining up to date opportunity
• Marketing and Sales of Ericsson’s solutions and services (from across all Business Units)
• Accessing business intelligence information and compiling data in a way that can be used to analyse specific opportunities in the customer unit.
• Recently graduated or about to graduate from a South African University with a degree in Commerce, Marketing or Engineering
• Very strong interest in working in a sales environment
• Strong interest in working for a leading international ICT company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High customer service orientation
• Very good attention to detail
• High service approach and willingness to go the extra mile
• Very good knowledge of and proficiency in MS Office
We believe in growing our interns and giving them a chance to have the best possible start in their career. Interns at Ericsson gain valuable work experience, skills and knowledge that will assist them in furthering their career. We therefore not only let you work with the teams on live projects, but you will be receiving training courses throughout the program and will also be assigned a dedicated mentor who will be providing formal as well as informal guidance.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals and disabled applicants.