EXECUTIVE MAYOR’S BURSARY SCHEME 2013
Dr. J.S Moroka Local Municipality offers bursary opportunities for qualifying applicants from the historically disadvantaged families residing within the area of jurisdiction that wish to undertake full-time studies at any South African University or Technikon in the following fields:
- Civil Engeneering • Town Planning • Property Valuation
- Only citizens residing within the Dr J.S Moroka Municipal area of jurisdiction.
- Learners must meet admission/entry requirements of the tertiary institution they are registered with.
- Successful candidates should be willing to undertake employment in the Municipality should such be made available.
- Selected bursars will be expected to enter into a contractual agreement with the Municipality.
The bursary covers Tuition, prescribed books, accommodation and meals. Application forms are obtainable at the Dr J.S Moroka Municipal Head Office, Siyabuswa, in the HR office, Mbibane Unit Office, Libangeni and Mathanjana Unit Office, Mmametlhake.
Completed application forms, accompanied by:
- Certified copy of ID
- Latest academic record / results (June) or Matric results if completed already.
- Proof of residence Applications must be submitted to: The Acting Municipal Manager, Private Bag X4012, Siyabuswa, 0472, or be hand-delivered to the Human Resource Office, Municipal Head Office, 2601/3 Bonginmfundo Street, Siyabuswa, or in any of the Unit offices, i.e. Mbibane or Mathanjana Unit Offices.
- Incomplete and faxed forms will not be considered.
NB: Latest matric results must be submitted to the HR office as soon as they are obtained (or at least within (7) seven days from the date of publication).
For more information: Mrs Busane N.P Acting Manager Admin (013) 973 1101 or 973 1390 Or go to: www.moroka.gov.za (Application forms can also be downloaded from this website [NOTE FROM The Bursary Bin: The municipality’s website is currently OUT of ORDER, please call Mrs Busane on the number provided].
Closing Date: 11 January 2013 at 12h00.