The CSIR Shared Services (SS) unit has a vacancy for an Internship: Shared Services Info Coordinator who will assist with with sourcing, developing and appropriately package content to effectively communicate SS brand, achievements, projects, outputs and outcomes for dissemination through various channels and platforms.
- Assist with the implementation of SS communications strategy including channels, format of communications, policies, procedures, guidelines, operating model and functionality, as well as templates and ensure that this is reviewed and renewed to keep the interest of the user base.
- Interact with and develop relationships with key stakeholders, such as CSIR Internal Communications and SS management team.
- In conjunction with the manager and SS team, prepare and execute crisis communications programme, for example, service disruptions and scheduled maintenance communications, communications for projects and all other SS initiatives. In addition, collaborate to prepare and execute communications to show-case SS offerings and services, for example, brochures, road shows, workshops, etc.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that SS channels (e.g. Intraweb) are updated on a regular basis.
- Work with SS teams to ensure effective internal communications streams are implemented and adapted as necessary to promote internal SS information flow and feedback.
- Prepare an annual portfolio communications plan and a weekly list of ad hoc communications requests for consideration by the management team.
- Assist in preparing a monthly SS newsletter for acceptance by the management team.
- Assist stakeholders in establishing and maintaining a knowledge management system, such as end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs) knowledge base to foster self-service.
- Participate in communications aspects in the change management processes and ensuring adequate communication and participation in the process.
- Assist in administration required by SS operations with regard to communication related matters (e.g. compiling of reports, client workshops, workshops with specialist areas, etc.).
- Work with SS Operations Office administrator to ensure the establishment of an archiving/filing system for SS communications in accordance with CSIR guidelines in order to create e reference repository for service alerts and general communications issued by the office.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media or equivalent.
Closing date: 07 June 2013
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.