Anglo American, at its thermal coal Goedehoop Colliery in Mpumalanga, South Africa, has learnership opportunities for various artisan fields including: Boilermaikers, Diesel Mechanics, Fitting and Machining, and Electricians. This learnership is for applicants with a minimum N2 Technical qualification relevant to the trade. Successful applicants will be placed on Learnership with Anglo American’s Goedehoop/Bank Collliery and will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the learnership.
What are requirements?
Depending on the field you are applying for, please make sure you have a minimum of N2 Technical qualification with the following subjects:
- Boilermakers (Must have N2 or higher with: Mathematics, Plating and Structural Drawing, Science, Platters Theory);
- Fitting and Machining (Must have N2 or higher with: Fitting and Machining Trade Theory, Mathematics, Engineering Drawing, Science);
- Diesel Mechanics (Must have N2 or higher with: Diesel Trade Theory, Science, Engineering Drawing, Mathematics); or
- Electricians (Must have N2 or higher with: Science, Industrial Electronics, Mathematics, Electrical Trade Theory).
In addition to the above, applicants should note the following:
- You must be prepared and able to work shifts, be on standby and respond to call-outs as and when required;
- Be in possession of or be able to acquire a certificate of fitness;
- While not required the following would be advantageous:
- A valid drivers license;
- Mining environment experience.
You must have willingness to undergo technical and/or psychometric assessments/tests.
How to apply?
Please have you CV and certified copies of ID and qualifications ready. (The reference number for this learnership is GH053/14GS)
Closing date: 30 May 2014
(c) The Bursary Bin owns the copyright to this article. Reproduction without prior permission is prohibited.