The CSIR R & D Office seeks to enhance its capacity by appointing an intern. The purpose of this appointment will mainly be to provide technical, analytical and administrative support to the R&D strategy function. This appointment is for the duration of one year and it is based in Pretoria.
- Undertake research for strategic initiatives.
- Brainstorm ideas; gather requirements and data; perform qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Provide administrative support to strategic programmes.
- Assist with knowledge management initiatives within the portfolio.
- Work independently, but under supervision of senior management within the group.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Technology (SET). However, an Honours will be added advantage.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and qualitative skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and open source software
- Planning and organizing skills
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
Closing date: 02 July 2014
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
(c) Copyright rests with the CSIR. All rights reserved