CSIR Shared Services Strategic Procurement unit has a vacancy for a Procurement Internship. The incumbent will be provided with the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: tactical and strategic buying/contracts/logistics (imports and exports)/sourcing and procurement-related administrative tasks for a period of one year.
- Create and send orders.
- Source and obtain quotations.
- Expedite orders. painful
- Liaise with internal and external clients/customers.
- Assist in Contract Management department.
- Exposure to report-writing and information-gathering.
- Assist with supply market analysis.
- Manage supplier database.
- Assist with supplier registrations.
- Assist with office and logistics support.
- Ensure compliance to CSIR’s BBBEE policy and programme.
- Perform ad hoc procurement-related administrative duties.
- Handle general and user enquiries.
- Exposure to imports and exports department.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Grade 12 certificate.
- A three-year relevant purchasing and supply diploma or degree.
- Computer literacy.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Thorough understanding of the business process.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Numerical skills.
- Communication skills.
- High degree of customer focus and care.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Negotiation skills.
- Teamwork and ability to work in groups essential.
- Understanding of compliance to CSIR’s policies, procedures and ethics.
Closing date: 14 July 2014
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Should you experience any problems in submitting your application, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre at Recruitmentqueries@csir.co.za. Please do not submit your application to this mailbox.
The CSIR is a responsible employer; we have put measures in place to ensure that equity is implemented such that it best serves the interests of the organisation and South Africa as a whole. This speaks to the CSIR’s commitment to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
(c) Copyright on this article rests solely with the CSIR. All rights reserved.