South African mining conglomerate, Anglo American, is inviting applications for its 2016 Millwright Learnerships from unemployed South Africans with any of the following qualifications: Matric/Grade 12 OR N2 OR NCV3. Learners will be based at Anglo American Platinum operations in South Africa as follows: Mogalakwena Processes, Amandelbult Processes or Rastenburg Processes (PMR and Waterval Smelter). Learners will be paid a monthly stipend for the duration of the learnership and will qualify as artisans by the end of this period (provided all tests and practical training pass requirements have been met).
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered for this learnership, candidates have to meet any of the following requirements:
- Matric with Mathematics and English (Minimum 40% pass), Physical Science will be an added advantage, OR,
- N2 with 4/5 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (Added advantage), OR,
- NCV Level – 3 in appropriate trade
Trade Test Requirements (ONLY for N2):
A minimum of N2 Subjects/ certificate with the five applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified below:
- Engineering Science;
- Electrical Trade Theory;
- Fitting Trade Theory;
- Industrial Electronics or Engineering Drawings
The appointed learner will sign an agreement where the learner commits him / herself to perform as required and obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying.
Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend a full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 subjects for the trade.
- Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven day fortnight shift where applicable;
- Must be a South African Citizen;
- Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness, and
- Selection of Candidates will be based upon the Anglo American Platinum selection and recruitment procedure.
How to apply?
To apply for the Anglo American 2016 Learnerships (Millwright), CLICK HERE
You can also apply at a working centre at any of the above mines.
Closing date: 09 June 2016
© The Bursary Bin