Distell offers an exciting opportunity of a Media Internship to a suitable candidate in our Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Department. This position will be part of the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs team, based at Distell Libertas Parva, Stellenbosch. The successful candidate will report to the Group Communications Manager.
Purpose of the position:
The intention is to give practical work experience to students who are in their last year of study and require In-Service Training in order to obtain their qualification and/or those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 01 February 2017 and terminating 31 January 2018.
Key Learning Areas include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with Copywriting and editing (e.g. Media Releases and articles for publication in various internal and external media platforms).
- Assisting the Group Communications Manager in strategy execution and administration.
- Assisting with generation of content for social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest).
- Tracking, monitoring and analysing media coverage on various platforms( e.g. print, broadcast; social media).
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive media lists and database targeting inter alia, consumers, business, policy development, trade and health.
- Organising promotional events such as media tours and visits.
- The Intern could be “assigned” to some of our business functions where he/she will be the Media Relations support for that function.
- Interviewing internal managers / employees in terms of communication coverage.
To qualify for selection and participation in this programme, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- Excellent academic record and at least in final year of obtaining tertiary qualification – degree / diploma or completed tertiary qualification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and proofing skills.
- Good command of English (Writing and Speaking).
- Highly motivated and energetic with a committed work ethic.
- Good at building relationships and working in collaboration with others.
- A quick learner and open to learning about the breadth of areas covered by Media Relations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding of SA & Africa Media landscape.
- Very organised with a systematic approach – ability to keep track of workflow.
- Must be able to work independently and quickly.
- Driver’s license and own transport is essential.
- South African citizen.
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12-month contract.
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Motivational letter
- A curriculum vitae
- Certified academic record
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate
- A letter from the tertiary institution
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution
- Certified copy of Identity Document
How to apply?
To apply for the 2017 Distell Media Internships CLICK HERE
Closing date: 18 November 2016