As a part of its skills development initiatives Transport Education and Training Authority awards bursaries annually for studies aligned to critical and scarce skills identified in the transport sector. Bursary awards are categorized according to sector requirements, with due consideration of the National Skills Development Plan, compiled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
The Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) is offering bursaries and invites all talented and high performing unemployed full- time learners to apply for financial assistance.
Learners eligible for bursaries: those who are currently registered o r planning to be registered with TVETs, HETs, Accredited Aviation Schools, Accredited Diving Schools as well as learners who completed or will complete matric (Senior Certificate) and plan to commence studies in 2018.
Learners are advised to apply for bursaries in line with study programmes listed below and on the TETA website.
|List of Qualifications to Be Funded for the 2017/18 Bursaries:|
|(N3-N6)||or ND or B degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering|
|(N3-N6) or National Diploma or B Degree in Mechanical Engineering|
|B Degree in Aeronautical Engineering|
|B Degree in Marine Engineering|
|Commercial Pilot License|
|B Degree in Industrial Engineering|
|National Diploma or B degree in Logistics Management|
|National Diploma or B Degree in Road Transport Management|
|National Diploma or B Degree in Supply Chain Management|
|National Diploma or B degree in Transportation Management|
|B degree in Transport Economics|
|Commercial Divers, Class II,III and IV|
|Degree in Mechanical Engineering: (Maritime)|
|National Diploma :Maritime Studies
Degree: Maritime Law
National Diploma: Risk Management
NOTE: Learners currently studying at Institutions of Higher Learning are required to apply through their respective Institutions (The list of institutions and contact details are available on TETA website (www.teta.org.za) ).
The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation accredited by an academic institution (no-private accommodation), books and meals as per TETA Direct Learner Bursary Policy and Funding Model. The bursary award targets previously disadvantaged and impoverished youth (35 years old and younger) from rural and urban communities within South Africa, females and people with disabilities.
Application forms as well as a list of qualifications to be funded, Guidelines and terms and conditions for bursaries a nd other relevant documents are available on our website www.teta.org.za, under TETA 2017/18 Direct Bursary Learner Support.
- Funding will only be applicable to applicants applying for studies related to the list provided and that should lead to a full academic qualification for the applicable courses.
- Applicants must be South African citizens and be at the age of 35 years or
- Application forms must be completed in Direct Learner Bursary Application Forms are available on the TETA website (www.teta.org.za).
- Only successful candidates will be communicated If you do not hear from TETA by the end of January 2018, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Applicants should clearly state on the application form the chosen course of study, duration of study, cost per year and current year of study.
- Applications should be accompanied by documents as per the checklist attached to the application (Incomplete documents will disqualify the application)
Fully and correctly completed application forms may be submitted in the following ways:
- Via Post: Private Bag X10016, Randburg 2125
- Hand delivery to TETA Head Office listed below:
No 344, Pretoria Avenue, Randburg Attention: Juliet Manyoni: SD & LP Unit
- Hand delivery can also be done to TETA offices listed below:
Western Cape Office: WBHO House, Glen Roy Road, Pinelands 7430, 021 531 3064 (Att: Desmond Baardtman)
Limpopo Office: Capricon College for FET, Senwabarwana Campus, Senwabarwana Main Road, Bochum, (Att: Thandazile Mabuya)
: Vhembe TVET College: Techniven, Makwarela Campus (Att: Phumudzo Muronga)
: Lephalale TVET College: C/o Nelson Mandela & Ngoako Ramatlhodi Drive, Onverwacht, Lephalale, 0147632252 Ext 221 (Att: Phaswane Lebogang Sewela)
ENQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT 011 577 7093/7089
NOTE: Should you not hear from us after January 2018, please consider your application unsuccessful