South Africa’s state-owned power generator and Africa’s largest electricity producer, Eskom, is inviting applications for its 2018 Artisan Learnerships across several of its power stations in South Africa from young South Africans with a Matric / Grade 12 certificate. The power utility will appoint 183 learners on the Artisan Learnership programme. Eskom is offering these Artisan Learnership Opportunities within the Maintenance and Department in the following Disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Fitter, Welder and Control Instrumentation. A monthly stipend will be paid the successful candidates.
What are the requirements?
Eskom will consider learnership applications from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Be a South African citizen;
- Must have completed Grade 12 with Maths, Physical Science and English OR N3 with Maths, Engineering Science and English OR Level 4 Technical with English; and
- Must also have the following skills/competencies:
- Communication Skill, verbal and written
- Have a conscientious self-discipline approach
- Have high level of drive and motivation
- Have emotional resilience
- Be safety conscious
- Be responsible and committed
- Computer Literacy
How to apply?
This position is available to both internal candidates (people already working at Eskom) AND external candidates (e.g. the unemployed, current matric learners, people employed outside of Eskom).
External candidates should apply by handing in your application containing your detailed CV, ID copy and Completed Qualification copies at your nearest Eskom Office. Your application must indicate that you are applying for this position: Learner Artisans – PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER FOR YOUR APPLICATION (Ref: 5000562401MH). NB*: (ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER APPLICANT IS ALLOWED)
Internal candidates may apply online by CLICKING HERE (external candidates can also view full job specifications by clicking same)
Closing date: 21 November 2017
© The Bursary Bin