Engineering Learnerships (Millwright, Fitters, Riggers, Electrician, Diesel Mechanic, Earth Moving, Boilermakers, Measurement Control & Instrumentation)
Engineering Learnership opportunities are available at the following Anglo American Platinum Operations:
Rustenburg Processes (Waterval Smelter and PMR), Amandelbult Complex, Mogalakwena Complex, Polokwane Smelter in the following discipline:
- Diesel Mechanic
- Earth Moving
- Measurement Control & Instrumentation
Please note that the successful Candidates will be appointed on an Unemployed (18.2) contract.
1. Primary Job Purpose.
The successful Candidates will be afforded an opportunity to enrol in an Unemployed (18.2 B1) Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification as a qualified Artisan.
- Minimum Entry Requirements.
- Matric with Mathematics and English (Minimum 40% pass), Physical Science will be an added advantage, or,
- N2 with 4/5 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (Added advantage), or,
- NCV Level – 3 in appropriate trade.
- Trade Test Requirements
- A minimum of N2 Subjects/ certificate with the applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified:
- Engineering Science;
- Relevant Trade Theory;
- Industrial Electronics or Engineering Drawings or Platting Structural drawing
- The appointed learner will sign an agreement where the learner commits him / herself to perform as required and obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying.
- Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend a full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 subjects for the trade.
- Learnership Conditions.
- Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven day fortnight shift where applicable;
- Must be a South African Citizen;
- Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness, and
- Selection of Candidates will be based upon the Anglo American Platinum selection and recruitment procedure
How to apply?
To apply for the 2018 Anglo American Engineering Learnerships CLICK HERE
Closing date: 1 February 2018
- Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy.
- Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
- Application will not be considered without a valid copy of the qualification and/or the license required for this role.
- Interested internal candidates can apply as follows: click on EUREKA! / Tools / Job Opportunities / Click on “Search Here”/ Enter the reference number or job title and continue to apply
- If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
NB: NO ACCOMODATION AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM WORK WILL BE PROVIDED BY ANGLO AMERICAN