Are you in Matric/Grade 12 in 2020 or have you already completed Grade 12 and intend to registered towards a university qualification leading to registration as a Chartered Accountant in 2021? The Thuthuka Bursary Fund is inviting applications for their 2021 bursaries from young South Africans wishing to enrol for a South African Institute for Chartered Accountancy (SAICA)-accredited accounting qualification at a South African University (see list below).
What are the requirements?
- Be a young South African citizen in Grade 12 in 2020 or must have already completed Grade 12;
- Gain acceptance into a funded accountancy programme at any of the following universities: (UNIVERSITY OPTIONS: The following Universities are the only universities working with Thuthuka)
|Nelson Mandela University (NMU) B Com Accounting (Course code 40003)||University of Free State (UFS – Bloemfontein Campus) Bachelor of Accounting (Course code 6319)|
|University of Johannesburg (UJ) Bachelor of Accounting (Course code BCA012)||Stellenbosch University (SU) B Com Accounting/B Rek (Course code 3091001)|
|University of Kwa-Zulu Natal (UKZN – Westville Campus) BCom Accounting (Course code BCOA)||University of Pretoria (UP) B Com Accounting Sciences (Course code 07130042)|
|University of Cape Town (UCT) B Com (Course Code CB023)||North West University (NWU – Potch Campus) B Com CA (Course code 500 155 E371P)|
|University of Witwatersrand (WITS) B Acc Science (Course Code CB008)||Rhodes University (RU) Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)|
|University of Fort Hare (UFH) B Com Accounting (Course Code 60001)||University of Western Cape (UWC) (Course Code 1021 or 1753)|
|Apply to at least 3 Universities, one of the Universities must be closest to your home. Thuthuka Bursaries are only awarded to the students who accepted at these Universities. NB: All bursaries are awarded in line with the criteria set by and at the discretion of TBF and its partner Universities.|
How to apply?
To apply for the 2021 Thuthuka Bursary Fund CLICK HERE
Closing date: 31 July 2020
You’d need the following documents to apply online:
- Signed consent form (download it here)
- Applicant’s ID
- Parent(s)’/Guardian(s)’ ID
- Parent(s)’/Guardian(s)’ salary slip
- Copies of ID documents of persons dependent on family income
- Final Grade 11 results
- Final Grade 12 results (if completed Grade 12)
- Full university transcript (if already at University)
- University provisional acceptance letter (if you are still in high school).