Full Time Work from Home Customer Service Associate, South Africa
Please note that this is a Work From Home position and you may reside anywhere in South Africa.
Amazon is seeking bright, articulate, detail-oriented and disciplined applicants with a desire to contribute to world-class customer service in a Virtual (Work from Home) environment. Amazon Customer Service Associates are a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate, and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers in resolving all customer-facing problems. Associates will be required to communicate with customers via phone, email and chat so a suitable home office and quiet work area is required. You will be trained for all 3-skill sets however; you will not utilize all of them unless required by the business. The primary skill at Amazon is phone, followed by chat and then email. Associates will utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies, and communicate effective solutions in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Virtual Customer Service (VCS) is a ‘Work from Home’ model for South Africa. VCS associates is expected to work from a home location approved by Amazon for all scheduled hours. It is the responsibility of the associates to ensure uninterrupted internet connectivity and a ‘work-like’ environment at home location so that associates can deliver their best in terms of productivity and quality.
The position is not based at our offices and requires you to work from home on a full time basis (40 hours per week) in a noise free environment.
Type of Role:
Permanent – Full Time
We operate in a 24/7 environment supporting the North America and UK markets, most of our shifts are overnight and the shift assigned to you may require that you work over weekends and public holidays.
Please note: Do not take this assessment on a mobile phone
- Existing and dedicated uncapped Fiber line 10Mbs Download and 5Mbps Upload (ADSL, LTE lines and Wi-Fi connections are not eligible for this role). Please note that proof of connectivity will be required.
- Completed NQF Level 4 or a Matric qualification or higher
- At least three (3) months of work experience (any environment)
- Home environment free from background noise where you can connect the equipment directly to the router/modem via Ethernet cable
- Good command of English (verbal and written)
- Typing, phone, and computer navigation skills
- Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and chat to customer via Instant Messenger tools
- Ability to cope well in a high pressure environment while maintaining high quality outputs
- South African Citizen/Permanent Resident
Additional Required Skills:
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
- Uphold company values and respect every customer
- Exude patience and ownership with each customer
- Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers
- Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both external customers and coworkers
- Ability to document customer account activities thoroughly and concisely
- Comprehension skills– ability to clearly understand and respond appropriately to the issues that customers present
- Composition skills– ability to consistently compose a grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written response to customer issues
Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome
- Ability to make appropriate decisions on behalf of the customer quickly and effectively
- Desire to continually learn
- Solution oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure efficiency
- Computer Skills:
- Familiarity with multiple browsers, multiple tabs and window navigation
How to apply?
To apply for this Amazon Work-from-Home Customer Service job CLICK HERE NOW
If you are considering applying, we recommend reading Amazon leadership Principles to have an understanding of what drives us as a business. www.amazon.jobs/principles!
All applications will be subject to assessments and interviews. All offers are subject to completion of a successful background, police clearance and reference checks.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.