The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) is inviting applications for its Internship: Electoral Operations (Reference number: LIM-03) position from suitably qualified candidates (see requirements below). Interns will be appointed on a 24-months internship contract and paid a monthly stipend of R7, 993.17 per month. The Intern: Electoral Operations will contribute towards the efficient co-ordination of electoral projects in the Organisation. The Intern reports to the Assistant Manager.
Key performance areas: Assist each departmental staff member with his/her duties whilst undertaking daily activities to learn about the basics of the departmental portfolio, i.e. Delimitation and registration. Assist with warehousing and inventory management. Assist with PLC administration. Assist with logistical activities and duties relating to by-election and by election management. Assist with relevant duties and activities as indicated by the departmental staff. Assist with selected logistical duties so as to obtain exposure to electoral operations and financial administrative matters. Assist with various administrative duties within the Department including filing, VSI facility research and VSI support. Assist with the organisation of MEO workshops. Assist with the coordination of elections for other institutions and election readiness. Running errands to various different departments, photocopying, faxing etc.
General Administrative support services: Update addresses, handle routine enquiries, make photocopies, send and receive facsimiles, distribute documents/packages to various stakeholders as required. Keep and maintain the filing system for the office. Keep and maintain incoming and outgoing correspondence of the component and coordinate meetings. Assist with selected duties so as to obtain exposure to Corporate Services and Outreach matters, etc.
Basic requirements: The candidate must have completed Matric / N3 and a degree or diploma (NQF 6) in Supply Chain Management / Logistics or Administration.
The candidate must possess good communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. The person must be computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel. Applicants should have the following attributes: ability to work under pressure; be prepared to work long hours; pro-active and decisive.
Applications must be accompanied by a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae as well as certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents. Failure to attach the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. PERSONS MUST NOT HAVE BEEN AN INTERN OR WORKED BEFORE. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NB! Applicants must be 35 years of age or below and must not have been an intern or worked before to qualify for this programme.
The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates and interviews will be conducted on a date and time specified by the Interview panel.
Suitably qualified candidates must forward applications to:
Ms A Nkadimeng at the IEC provincial office in Polokwane, or Fax: (015) 283 9177 or email: HRLIM@elections.org.za
Closing date for all applications: 06 July 2020. Please take note that no applications received after the advertised closing date will be considered. “Applicants who have not been contacted by 31 July 2020 must consider their applications as not being successful.”
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter that clearly indicates the relevant reference number of the post and your employee number (permanent employees) as it appears on your salary advice;
- a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae; and
- certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents.
- Failure to attach the relevant reference number and to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- All appointments are subject to a probation period of twelve months.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.