Are you a recent graduate in Journalism, Social Communication, Design, Political Science, International Relations or a related field of study? Do you want to learn and develop your skills in social change campaigns as part of the largest petition platform in the world?
We’re looking for 2 Campaigns Interns to join our Learn and Work Program at Change.org South Africa.
Change.org empowers millions of people to use technology to build social movements and create transformational change. Our mandate is to deepen and expand positive social impact driven by regular citizens who are most impacted by issues.
We’re looking for South Africans who are passionate about social change, citizen mobilization, the fight against injustice, with knowledge of South African politics and social justice issues who want to develop their skills together with a team at the forefront of technology and citizen campaigns. This is an entry level role on our small (but mighty!) South Africa team, suitable for a recent graduate!
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- You will work on campaigns created by our users, helping and supporting them to achieve the victory
- You will research, fact check and get to know the stories of our petition starters, supporting them throughout the process of their campaign
- You will help the team get media attention on petition starters stories by writing press releases and email pitches
- You will suggest new & innovative ideas about what a petition starter can do to elevate their petition, while also providing advice and tools to empower them.
- Recent graduate in careers such as Journalism, Social Communication, Design, Political Science, International Relations or related areas.
- Experience in digital communication to reach audiences through various channels.
- Knowledge in design and digital communication
- Proactive attitude, willing to think of solutions and propose ideas.
- Eager to learn, grow and accept new challenges.
- Ability to prioritise, work plan and manage multiple tasks
- Very informed about main social issues in South Africa and its protagonists.
- Ability to work independently and display initiative
- Strategic understanding of the political, social and economic context of the region.
- Basic knowledge of design tools.
- Advanced knowledge of English.
How to apply?
To apply for the Change.org South Africa Campaign Internship CLICK HERE NOW
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
- This is a 6-month paid internship contract with the possibility of renewal. The internship is full-time.
- This role would ideally be based in Johannesburg, but other cities will be considered. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, applicants should expect to work remotely for an extended period of time.
We’re a small, results-oriented team. We’re driven by helping our users have impact. It’s a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our users. We expect you to be the same.
We are accepting applications for this role until June 13 2021.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Join us to help change the world.