Impact Economix is a research, strategy and evaluation consultancy. We specialize in economic development (with a focus on enterprise development in both urban and rural agro contexts) and improving government service delivery. For further information on what we do please visit www.impacteconomix.com. We wish to recruit an intern to join our team.
The internship programme is offered over a six-month period. We are now recruiting for the period 1 July – 30 December 2021. Interns are expected to work 3-4 days a week (the detailed weekly schedule is flexible and will be negotiated with the successful candidate).
The successful intern will be paid a monthly stipend for the period of the internship. The stipend amount will depend on your relevant experience, level of qualification, and number of days per week that you are available to work.
Responsibilities include (see Annexure for detailed job description):
- Developing research and evaluation proposals;
- Developing evaluation designs and methodologies as well as research instruments;
- Managing and conducting surveys and fieldwork;
- Managing data collection;
- Conducting data analysis; and
- Report-writing and editing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or Masters degree (in Economics or Monitoring and Evaluation);
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills;
- Good understanding of descriptive statistics and qualitative research methods (experience in conducting literature reviews and developing theories of change an advantage);
- Microsoft Office, Internet and email computer skills (SPSS and Atlas_ti skills a plus);
- Knowledge of and ability to develop indicators and design monitoring and evaluation data collection instruments (interview schedules, questionnaires etc.);
- Knowledge of the use of graphic presentation including computerized graphics;
- Experience with research design, data collection techniques incl. surveys, data analysis and report writing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong report writing skills and analytical approach;
- Motivated and self-driven;
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and ensure efficient time and self-management;
- Fluency in English (additional South African languages such as Xhosa, Zulu etc. will be an advantage);
- High energy level;
- Ideally located in the Western Cape or Gauteng (although applicants from other Provinces will also be considered).
We search for self-motivated people who dedicate themselves to the success of our clients. Remuneration will be dependent on the level of qualifications and experience and skills.
How to apply
To apply please send us your CV, together with your letter of motivation, an example of a recent report that you have written, certified academic results for both undergraduate and post-graduate (if relevant) degrees, and three contactable references to Rae Wolpe: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 7th June 2021.
We reserve the right to not make an appointment, should we not find the right candidate. If you have not received a response to your application by June 28th 2021 please view your application as unsuccessful.