Stellenbosch University in the Western Cape is inviting applications from health and/or social sciences graduates for their Graduate Internship based in the Ukwanda Centre for Rural Health (CRH) on the Worcester Campus.
The Ukwanda CRH seeks to be an exemplary champion for advancing rural health, locally and globally. As an academic centre of Stellenbosch University, Ukwanda CRH’s focus is on making a difference to rural health care through empowering students, health workers and communities for wellness. The intern will be responsible for:
- Assisting with development and implementation of qualitative and quantitative research proposals;
- Assisting with coordination of research-related academic activities;
- Administrative support of the research programme;
- Research assistance for specific research projects;
- Managing database spreadsheets and data entry;
- Submitting research protocols for ethics and institutional approval;
- Developing funding proposals;
- Submitting manuscripts for publication.
What are the requirements?
- A four-year (minimum) Health Science degree or a Bachelor’s degree with Honours in a field relevant to rural health;
- Computer literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Edge);
- Honesty, dependability, punctuality, and a willingness to learn;
- The ability to multitask and complete tasks;
- A strong commitment to human rights and social justice;
- Understanding of the South African health care system;
- Self-motivated with a high regard for work ethics, values and integrity;
- The ability to take initiative;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work;
- The ability to work flexibly, creatively and cooperatively.
- A research-based Master’s degree in a health or social science-related field;
- Work experience in rural health or social science-related field;
- Experience of living in a rural community;
- Own transport and a driver’s licence will strengthen an application.
How to apply?
To apply for the Ukwanda CRH’s Graduate Internship CLICK HERE
Closing date: 24 May 2021