Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for 20 x one-year Postdoctoral Research Scholarships in the College of Law and Management, University of KwaZulu-Natal. The successful applicants will be expected to engage in full-time postdoctoral studies on an approved research programme under the supervision of a member of the academic staff in one of the Schools of the College (the School of Law; the School of Management, IT and Governance; the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance; or the Graduate School of Business and Leadership). These positions are renewable for a second year, subject to satisfactory progress. Successful postdoctoral research scholars are typically based at UKZN for the duration of the scholarship. However, successful candidates will be required to adhere to COVID-19 regulations and protocols, which may include working remotely.
- A doctoral degree, relevant to the disciplines in the College, obtained in the last five years.
- Less than 45 years of age (SARS requirement).
To apply, please complete pages 1 and 2 of the application form which can be downloaded from this link. Alternatively, requests for an application form may be directed to Ms Bongiwe Mokoena, email: Mokoena@ukzn.ac.za.
The following information must be supplied together with the completed application form:
- A full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
- A SAQA certificate (if doctoral degree was obtained outside South Africa).
- A synopsis of doctoral research, detailing the research already published and that which is still in progress for publication.
- A one-page proposal outlining the research area and the proposed project(s) to be undertaken during the postdoctoral appointment.
- The application form with pages 1 & 2 completed.
All completed application documents should be sent to Ms Bongiwe Mokoena on Mokoena@ukzn.ac.za.
Please ensure you receive an acknowledgment of receipt of your application.
The closing date for submission of applications is 16:00 (SAST) on Friday 28 May 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview with the selection panel.
Should you not receive an interview invitation by Monday 14 June 2021 please consider your application unsuccessful, no correspondence will be entered into in this respect.
Appointments will be made in line with the SARS Policy for Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships and the University’s Post-Doctoral Research Scholarship Guide which are available on the College’s website at https://clmsresearch.ukzn.ac.za/forms-and-important-document/.