The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)’s SDG Finance Sector Hub (FSH) is looking for an Intern to provide day to day administrative and technical support to the private sector development and engagement team of the Hub.
The FSH as a pool of finance and private sector experts in Africa covers activities implemented at regional and country-level aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Africa Union Agenda 2063. The hub builds on and consolidates some of the initiatives being implemented since 2010 by the RSCA Private Sector Unit. These include the establishment of the African Inclusive Market Excellence Centre (AIMEC), inclusive business ecosystem building initiatives, impact investment, regional value chain development, agribusiness supplier development programme (ASDP). The FSH team collaborates closely with the broader UNDP family, the Global Policy Network, Regional Hubs in Africa and other units to establish linkages between these cross-cutting principles and programme achievements towards the broader SDGs Implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Private Sector Special Advisor, the intern shall perform, inter alia, the following tasks:
- Programme Implementation: Draft, review and edit concepts notes, knowledge products and presentations Support the review of different COVID-19 Response service offers of the team Participate in meetings, take minutes and perform other programme implementation support tasks as required
- Knowledge Management and Communication: Prepare relevant communications materials (brochure, newsletter, success stories etc.) Assist with the translation and dissemination of different Knowledge Products Draft, design and website update and overhaul
- Research and Data Management: Research private sector development and engagement topics and compile information on national and regional level projects Undertake research on related donors initiatives and inclusive business activities by the private sector Manage files and online database of related documents in a structured way
- The more specific focus will be decided in consultation with the intern taking into account his/her skills development interests.
- Qualifications & Experience: Currently enrolled in (a) a graduate school programme as a full-time student in economics, development finance and related fields OR (b) the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent), OR (c) have graduated with a university degree as defined in above and, if selected must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Understanding of Private Sector Development and Engagement Concepts and Practices would be beneficial.
- Work experience considered as an asset.
- Technical / Functional Competencies: Good writing and researching skills. Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills. Good organisational, time management and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines. Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively. Experience in website content management
- Computer proficiency: MS Office Fluency in both written and spoken English and French is required.
- Personal Competencies: Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards. Demonstrates openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback. Works collaboratively with team members by sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity. Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners. Positive and results-oriented attitude.
Education: Candidates need to be enrolled in a Masters program in Economics or related field
Intern requirements: Applicants should indicate which months they are available part- and/or full time and when they complete their studies. Interns need to obtain their own visa. Please pay special attention to answering the additional questions
How to apply?
To apply for the United Nations Development Programme FHS Internship CLICK HERE
Closing date: 11 May 2021