Kagiso Media are searching for two News Interns to join our vibrant and dynamic team in Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal. The main purpose of this internship is to assist in the various areas of the news department, thereby learning the practical skills involved.
The internship will be for a period of 12 months. You should not be committed to other fields of study.
The internship is designed to ensure that learning takes place in the various aspects and operations of a programming department The internship will be effective 01 July to 30th June 2022 and offers a monthly basic stipend.
•Assist in various areas of the news department.
•Learn to write/ read news stories.
•Assist in the general operations of a newsroom.
•Assist journalists in the compilation of their stories on the various platforms (on-air, online, social media).
•Report from the field as well as work on the news desk.
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered, candidates should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Diploma/Journalism or Media and Communication s Degree.
- Code 08 Driver’s License.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Operating studio and field recording and production equipment.
- Minimal editing and multi-track mixing experience needed.
- Broad general knowledge and general computer literacy – (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/ Outlook)
- Current affairs/ Social media awareness.
- Highly organised, deadline driven, with good time keeping skills;
- Team player, with the ability to work independently.
How to apply?
To apply for the Kagiso Media News Internship CLICK HERE
Closing Date: 16/06/2021