AVI Limited is known for its leading household brands across many categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits, and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel. A love for the sea and passion for fishing are the driving forces behind I&J, a leading fishing company, and manufacturer of high-quality chilled and frozen foods. Almost 110 years old, I&J is the trusted name in seafood, operating a modern and efficient trawler fleet, and continually investing in the training and development of experienced fishing crews, committed to fishing responsibly, with a long-term vision. I&J has achieved and maintained accreditation from the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) since 2004.
I&J is a globally respected supplier of high-quality, chilled, and frozen Cape Hake and a leading producer of farmed Cape Abalone. It is also one of AVI’s great South African brands. I&J is proudly South African and invests in, and empowers, the communities in which it operates. AVI Limited is inviting unemployed South Africans to apply for its 2021 finance Internship at its Cape Town, (Western Cape) sites. The aim of the internship is to provide Graduate with real exposure and practical learning in actual working environments, Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to genuine business issues Constant mentorship, guidance and support, Offered meaningful work and opportunities to contribute and held accountable for quality and delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and adherence to AVI group reporting requirements as per head office deadlines
- Foreign exchange and commodity exposure accounting and reporting as well as related analysis and controls
- Preparation, implementation, and roll-out of financial reporting templates
- Assisting with the management of the capital expenditure budget by supporting all business units with the appropriate governance, compliance, and reporting requirements
- Assist with accounting, reporting, and compliance with VAT and Income Tax Acts
- Assist with the administration and preparation of budgets, and quarterly forecasts
What are the requirements?
To be considered, applicant should meet the following minimum requirements:
- BCom Financial Accounting or Financial Manager
- Have a minimum average of 60% in your final year
- Able to work in Cape Town
- Be a South African Citizen
- Vehicle and driver’s license would be advantageous
- Strong leadership potential
- Analytical and innovative mind-set
- Team player with a passion for achieving
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is open to all the unique learning opportunities we offer
- You can apply technology to quantify problems and interpret data in a rational and objective manner
- You are an analytical thinker that is focused on finding solutions to problems, effectively gathering and analysing information by asking probing questions, and thinking things through
- You can build and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships with others
- You are reliable and complete your work in accordance with deadlines
- You focus on consistently delivering high-quality work by being meticulous and continually checking the detail of your work
- You follow policies and procedures in order to manage and mitigate risk
- You focus on finding and documenting the facts to better understand the logic behind a problem
- You work smart by planning and prioritising your tasks effectively
How to apply?
To apply for the AVI Limited 2021 Finance Graduate CLICK HERE
Closing date: 31 July 2021