AJ Personnel are inviting applications for an Human Resources Intern (12 months Internship) vacancy which is available at their Client, Wits Health Consortium’s Clinical HIV Research Unit (CHRU) at the Helen Joseph Hospital in Johannesburg – Gauteng.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited (“WHC“) is a wholly-owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition, WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
The Clinical HIV Research Unit (Wits CHRU) was initiated in 1998 by Professor Ian Sanne, under the auspices of the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS). Today the CHRU is an HIV/AIDS, TB, and Cervical Cancer research syndicate of the Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited (WHC), which is a wholly-owned subsidiary company of WITS.
Main Purpose of the job
To assist with providing Human Resource Services, inclusive of all Human Resource Disciplines
Key performance areas
- Facilitate the recruitment and selection process within the unit in conjunction with the relevant line managers.
- Provide advice and facilitation of all facets of industrial relations, inclusive of scheduling disciplinary inquiries, grievances, and operational requirements.
- Provide advice and facilitation of the performance management process within the unit, inclusive of probation, performance appraisals, and poor work performance counselling.
- Generate all required HR administration within deadlines.
Required minimum education and training
Human Resources Degree/ Diploma
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills and excellent planning and organizing skills
- Must have a high level of customer service orientation and the ability to adapt to a consistently changing environment.
Required minimum work experience
1-year general administration experience.
Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please CLICK HERE to Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 29 July 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.