Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Midrand has exciting opportunities for Logistics graduates to join the group for a 12 months internship programme. The graduates will assist in achieving operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centre incorporating functions in the following areas: Dispatch, Inventory, Mezzanine, Inbound and Outbound.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure optimal route and space planning to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Ensure routing of vehicles to ensure optimum utilisation and vehicle turnaround times.
- Ensure accurate administration for transactional excellence.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of all stock coming in and leaving the department.
- Maintain stock rotation on an inventory based on FEFO (first entry, First out) principle.
- Optimise planning and forecasting of department resources to meet the daily strategic objective defined by the number of orders in the system.
- Conduct picking, replenishment and procurement.
- Assist with Outbound department planning.
- Ensure accurate receiving of stock within the warehouse.
What are the requirements?
To be considered, applicant should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 / Matric or Senior Certificate
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transport Management or any related field
- Be a South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit record
- Valid Driver’s license and/or reliable transport
- Demonstrate a thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all Transport and Logistics and related distribution processes
- English – Read, write and speak
- Excellent communication skills
- Trustworthy and honest
- Self-starter, diligent and accurate
- Attentive to detail
- Be deadline orientated
- Good time management skills
How to apply?
To apply for Dis-Chem Pharmacies 2021 Supply-Chain & Logistics Internship CLICK HERE
Closing date: 05 October 2021