Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) offers professional health sciences training and education in a range of fields through excellence in teaching, learning, innovative research and community engagement. SMU is situated in Ga- Rankuwa (North of Pretoria) and the following position(s) is/are currently available: Human Resources Internship Ref: 48/2021/BGM/Intern Mindful of the prevailing socio-economic conditions in South Africa, and in support of the national transformation agenda, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) would like to provide internships to deserving young unemployed citizens. In this way, SMU hopes to provide experience to young South Africans, and give them the opportunity to be employable and to compete in the job market. The incumbents will be exposed to gaining experiential learning in the field of Human Resources.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform HR administration tasks and provide support to the HR Department
- Respond to all HR-related queries, under supervision
- Assist with all the activities of the Human Resources Department
- Organise and schedule meetings
- Minute taking
- Typing of letters, memos and reports
- Travelling logistics
- Accommodation Bookings
- Rotated to receive exposure to relevant HR functions
- Contribute to the overall development of SMU and actively improve institutional culture
- Any other HR related duties assigned by the office
What are the requirements?
To be considered, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A three-year post-matric Human Resources qualification (attach transcript)
- New entrants into HR environment (in other words you must not have held an HR internship before)
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Must be a South African citizen
- Time management
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organising
- Client orientation
- Result focus
- Stress tolerance
How to apply?
To apply for the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University 2021 Human Resources Internship, A Typed applications which indicates a reference number, should contain a comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of all qualifications and contact details of three referees, should be forwarded, for the attention of Ms BG Mbanjwa, to the Human Resources Department, P.O Box 68, Medunsa, 0204 or e-mail applications in MS Word format, to
firstname.lastname@example.org Or The applications may also be posted OR hand delivered to (place in an application box): Human Resources Department, 5th Floor, Clinical Pathology building, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, Molotlegi Street, Garankuwa, OR Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 68, MEDUNSA, 0204 Telephonic enquiries regarding conditions of service: (012) 521-3071.
Please note that Applications from Employment Agencies will not be considered.
Closing date: 22 September 2021