At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world. We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity. We’re recognized leaders in Wi-Fi technology, and our mission is to provide the Edge-to-Cloud platform upon which our customers innovate in the mobile, IoT, and cloud era. We started small, a California-based start-up, and joined Hewlett Packard in 2015. Aruba User Experience Insight are a Cape Town-based unit of Aruba, whose product is a Wi-Fi performance monitoring sensor. Our sensor was first of its kind in the space and began as a local start-up. In today’s era of ever-increasing wireless network coverage and ever-increasing dependency on connectivity, we are providing vital monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities to all manner of companies, hospitals, restaurants, campuses, warehouses, and retail outlets world-wide. the internship offer Private mentoring and coaching, launch & learn sessions with the broader company, pair and mob programming, code review sessions, and architecture/infrastructure tutorials. This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work remotely, outside of an HPE office
Duties and responsibilities:
- Front-end development of our dashboards: data visualisation work, UI and UX design, graphing large quantities of data, optimising performance
- Back-end development to support our dashboards: handling big data, real-time data streaming, scaling our systems to handle 10,000+ devices reporting 24/7, API development
- Back-end development on device management software: handle device configs, package updates, device logistics
- Dev ops work around CI, deployment processes, managing our systems and servers
- Device software dev: planning and implementing new ways to test network performance, low-level device security and encryption, device recovery systems, Linux kernel work
- Hardware development: firmware development, digital circuit design, RF work, manufacturing and production logistics
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered, candidates should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree holder with a focus in computer science, IT.
- Collaborative, solution-focused and act with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable working in a hybrid (virtual and face-to-face) environment.
- Thrive on fresh challenges and continual learning.
- Problem solver, a quick study, and hooked on web development
- Passionate developer who cares about design, performance, and creating outstanding user experiences.
- Exceptional communicator and presentation skills.
How to apply?
To apply for Hewlett Packard Enterprise 2021 Software Engineer Internship CLICK HERE
Closing date: Undisclosed