Lancet Laboratories is inviting suitably qualified unemployed South African to apply for its Student Phlebotomy Technician, To develop learner competence (i.e. broad knowledge, skills and values) in performing phlebotomy techniques within a medical pathology environment. This is a Fixed Term Contract position based at Pretoria. A Phlebotomy Technician is trained to draw blood and collect specimens from patient or donors. Phlebotomy learners attend structured learning programmes including theory and practical training. After successful completion of the 24 month training programme and the HPCSA board examination, the learner will be able to register with the HPCSA as a qualified Phlebotomy Technician enabling them to be employed in Medical pathology laboratories and blood donation organisations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends formal training programme including lectures, practical training and submission of assignments.
- Writing of Health Professions Council (HPCSA) board examination.
- Meet contractual obligations of Learnership appointment.
- Collection of venous and capillary blood and non-blood specimens for medical and blood donation purposes.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care.
What are the requirements?
In order to be considered, candidates should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 with English, Mathematics and Biology D symbol
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Computer literate
- Phlebotomy procedures and processes
- Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
- Administrative skills
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Orientation
- Lateral thinking
- Practical thinking
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
How to apply?
To apply for the Lancet Laboratories Learnership CLICK HERE
Closing date: 14 October 2021